Saturday, May 31, 2008

The painful C-Monster

con·demn [kuhn-dem] –verb (used with object)
1. to express an unfavorable or adverse judgment on; indicate strong disapproval of; censure.
2. to pronounce to be guilty; sentence to punishment

MY God is powerful. He is big and wonderful and has everything under control all the time. Constantly. He is faithful, loving, kind, gracious..the list goes on and on. He is everything.
As a new Christian I did not completely understand the cross. (P.S. I don't think we ever will, fully) But as I grew into a follower of Jesus I continually was met with this idea that the cross was more than just a guy who died for me. You see. When we say Jesus died for my sins it leaves much unsaid and many minds inquiring as to what that MEANS. This leads me to something that I think I KNEW but never UNDERSTOOD. It's like Golf. I know what it IS. I just don't GET IT. The thing that God has been hi-lighting in my bible are verses that say who I am in Christ. Those verses lead me to the question, "HOW can I be this? How can I be this amazing creation in Christ? Look at me God." (As if He wasn't already) What He said in response hit me hard. "You can stand before me pure and beautiful, with NO condemnation because my Son died AS your sins." You see, Jesus was on the cross and in the 6 hours in which He was on the cross he actually became filled with our sins and died the very death that that sin brings. God cannot be near anything imperfect. HE IS PERFECT. So in that time on the cross His perfect Son was without Him because Jesus chose to die for us knowing that we would all benefit. He dies as our sin, we can now be blameless and without condemnation in front of God. This was all done with a price we didn't pay. Giving our lives to Christ was not the 'fee' to get this. It wasn't a package deal. Jesus did it knowing that some may never know Him out of choice or otherwise but He did it anyway. He was the price. How blessed are we?
So. Why open this blog with the word condemn? Simple. Because we don't have to go through it. There are times when we go through things and we may mess up. In these cases apologies need to happen and prayer and healing must take place. However, be careful how you deal with these situations because God will never point a finger and say, "I can't believe you did that! That was so STUPID!" Nope. He knew everything was going to happen and instead of saying "I'll show them!" He came prepared with the medicine to heal it and the comfort to let you sleep. Who are we that we deserve this? Well. We don't. We ARE however heirs with Christ and therefore God sees us worthy, only by His sacrifice, to sit in His presence and receive comfort from the most famous person ever. God. Jesus is the one who saved us from our own dumb decisions. If He is Lord of our lives than we need to walk in that and as condemnation comes to try and take over let Jesus come in and protect you from it. His grace is enough to cover you and anything that you may do, on purpose or in total pride or something you didn't know was holding you back. His grace is SO amazing. It's not earned, however. It is a gift. When it runs at you, receive it. If you hold onto condemnation, Grace cannot work in your life to the fullest extent. So let go of the painful C-Monster and grab onto grace. :)

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2

No pictures. Just words. :)

No comments: