Tuesday, May 27, 2008

3 Things I learned in 30 days

It's been SO long. How is everyone doing? An update on my life? Well, there have been plenty of events, some pleasant and others not so much but thanks to the Grace of God and His incredible strength we have begun to scale UP the mountain that stood mocking me and ya know what? With every step the mountin seems to get smaller and smaller. Sometimes I have to climb (out of bed at 1am to pray) and sometimes I run on the less steep parts (this is usually when I trip on a rock because I get ahead of myself) and everytime I fall or slip my Savior is there and He catches me! The last few months have been a huge reminder of a few things.
1. I CANNOT DO IT ON MY OWN! That is a huge thing. Sometimes I get so comfortable in God and things are going great and I say every morning, "God, I can't do this alone." But then He asks me, "Why are you trying then?" At first He whispered it. Then He said it a little louder but I couldn't hear because my music was up too loud. Then He screamed it loudly. But the funny thing is this. God did not scream it loudly while my music was on or while I was waiting for people to come meet me or while I was pounding the keys...No. He screamed it in the most serene silence there ever was. And SO! I learned once again that I cannot do it on my own.
2. I learned that love is not words. Love is not even necessarily actions. Sometimes it is. A lot of times it is. Shoveling your neighbors driveway. Taking out the trash even though it's not your day. Giving a Vet a hot meal. The list goes on. But something that I learned was that love is faith. Love is praying. Love is waiting. Love is believing. In you. In the other person. In God. My mom doesn't tell me every day that she loves me. But I know she does. And here we have God who tells us He loves us in crazy ways all day. This morning He said, "Hey. I made the sun rise for you today. I knew you'd be up early. I love you."
3. No matter how hard the hardest thing is it is not too much for God. Is God so small that He can't change the course of our lives while we are living it? Is God so small that He can't deal with the stress? Is God so small that He can't grab onto or tired, hurting, painfilled, bruised, exhausted bodies and carry us? He does it every day. Pray and ask Him to show you when He carried you. He does it for us. He never gives us more than we can handle. He is a GOOD GOD! :)

Last but not least. I went to Prom. It was fantastic. I went with Jordan Wolfe. We had a BLAST! Cassie was out photographer and chaperone. She was amazing. We love her SO VERY MUCH! Here is a picture or two. :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay for prom and super cool pictures!!!

Carissa said...

you guys look soooo great!!!!
the photographer isn´t bad either! =)